This policy is effective from 25.May 2018. If you are registered with us and would like to delete your registration and personal details from our database, please email customer service at info(at)gorillawatches.ch
We collect information from you when you register on our Site, place an order, request information, subscribe to our newsletter, fill out a form or respond to a survey. We may collect the following information:
- Name and title and job title
- Contact information including email address and phone number
- Demographic information such as post code, birthdate, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We require this information to understand your need and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Personalize your experience.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- To improve our Site, products and services.
- To improve customer service.
- Internal record keeping
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other Site features
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. If you provide incomplete or inaccurate data, we may be unable to inform you of specific promotions or events and to provide you with our services.
The security measures include in particular the encrypted transmission of data between your browser and our server. As with any connection to a web server, the server of our webhosting provider cyon in Basel, Switzerland, logs and stores certain technical data. These data include the IP address and operating system of your device, the data, the access time, the type of browser, and the browser request, including the source of the request (referrer). This is necessary for technical reasons to make our website available to you. cyon protects this data with technical and organizational measures against unauthorized access and does not pass it on to third parties. As far as we process personal data, we do so because of our interest in providing you the best possible user experience and ensuring the security and stability of our systems.
This website uses the services of MailChimp to send newsletters. This service is provided by Rocket Science Group LLC, 675 Ponce De Leon Ave NE, Suite 5000, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA.
MailChimp is a service which organizes and analyzes the distribution of newsletters. If you provide data (e.g. your email address) to subscribe to our newsletter, it will be stored on MailChimp servers in the USA.
MailChimp is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield. The Privacy Shield is an agreement between the European Union (EU) and the US to ensure compliance with European privacy standards in the United States.
We use MailChimp to analyze our newsletter campaigns. When you open an email sent by MailChimp, a file included in the email (called a web beacon) connects to MailChimp's servers in the United States. This allows us to determine if a newsletter message has been opened and which links you click on. In addition, technical information is collected (e.g. time of retrieval, IP address, browser type, and operating system). This information cannot be assigned to a specific recipient. It is used exclusively for the statistical analysis of our newsletter campaigns. The results of these analyses can be used to better tailor future newsletters to your interests.
If you do not want your usage of the newsletter to be analyzed by MailChimp, you will have to unsubscribe from the newsletter. For this purpose, we provide a link in every newsletter we send. You can also unsubscribe from the newsletter directly on the website.
Data processing is based on Art. 6 (1) (a) DSGVO. You may revoke your consent at any time by unsubscribing to the newsletter. The data processed before we receive your request may still be legally processed.
The data provided when registering for the newsletter will be used to distribute the newsletter until you cancel your subscription when said data will be deleted from our servers and those of MailChimp. Data we have stored for other purposes (e.g. email addresses for the members area) remains unaffected.
We use the plugin MailChimp for WooCommerce to link the measurement of the online store with the newsletter data. In the process, personal data is stored in the checkout process as soon as they are entered and used for abandoned cart emails and personal product suggestions. The consent to the marketing emails can be revoked at any time via the unsubscribe link in the footer of each email.
Completion of a data processing agreement
We have entered into a data processing agreement with MailChimp, in which we require MailChimp to protect the data of our customers and not to disclose said data to third parties. This agreement may be viewed at the following link: https://mailchimp.com/legal/forms/data-processing-agreement/sample-agreement/.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our database to be only accessed by those authorized with special access rights to our systems, and who are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, private information you give us, such as credit cards, will be kept on file for more than 60 days in order to enable future purchases. Although we take reasonable technological precautions, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure, and we cannot warrant that your personal data will be completely secure. Any transmission of your personal data on or through the use of this Site is at your own risk.
These cookies are necessary to enable you to use our website. This includes e.g. cookies that enable you to log into the customer area or add items to your shopping cart.
These cookies enable collecting anonymous data about user behavior on our website. We analyze them e.g. to improve the functionality of our website and recommend you products that will be interesting to you.
These cookies are used for certain features of our website, e.g. to improve the website’s navigation, or deliver to you customized and relevant information (e.g. ads that match your interests).
These cookies record information about your visit to the website, previously viewed pages and links you clicked. We use this information to tailor our website and displayed ads to your interests.
If you want to change your settings for interest based ads through Google marketing services, you can change your settings and view opt-out options here: https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated.
Facebook, Custom Audiences and Facebook Marketing Services
- Within our online offer is due to our legitimate interests in analysis, optimization and economic operation of our online offer and for these purposes, the so-called "Facebook pixel" of the social network Facebook, by Facebook Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025 , USA, or, if you are located in the EU, Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbor, Dublin 2, Ireland ("Facebook").
- Facebook is certified under the Privacy Shield Agreement, which provides a guarantee to comply with European privacy legislation (https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000GnywAAC&status=Active).
- With the help of the Facebook pixel, it is on the one hand possible for Facebook to determine the visitors to our online offer as a target group for the display of advertisements (so-called "Facebook ads"). Accordingly, we use the Facebook Pixel to display the Facebook Ads we have been sent only to those Facebook users who have shown an interest in our online offer or who have certain features (eg interests in certain topics or products visited by them) Web pages determined), which we transmit to Facebook (so-called "Custom Audiences"). With the help of the Facebook pixel, we also want to make sure that our Facebook ads are in line with the potential interest of users and are not annoying. With the help of the Facebook pixel we can also understand the effectiveness of the Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes, in which we see whether users were redirected to our website after clicking on a Facebook ad (so-called "conversion").
- Furthermore, when using the Facebook pixel we use the additional function "extended comparison" (data such as telephone numbers, e-mail addresses or Facebook IDs of the users) for the formation of target audiences ("Custom Audiences" or "Look Alike Audiences") Facebook (encrypted) transmitted. More about "advanced reconciliation": https://www.facebook.com/business/help/611774685654668).
- We also use the "Custom Audiences from File" method of the social network Facebook, Inc. In this case, the email addresses of the newsletter recipients are uploaded to Facebook. The upload process is encrypted. The upload is used alone to identify recipients of our Facebook ads. We want to make sure that the ads are only displayed to users who are interested in our information and services.
- The processing of the data by Facebook is part of Facebook's data usage policy. Accordingly, general notes on how to display Facebook Ads, in Facebook's Data Usage Policy: https: //www.facebook.com/policy.php. For specific information and details about the Facebook Pixel and how it works, visit the help section of Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/651294705016616.
- You may object to the capture by the Facebook Pixel and use of your data to display Facebook Ads. To set which types of ads you see within Facebook, you can go to the page set up by Facebook and follow the instructions on the usage-based advertising settings: https: //www.facebook.com/settings? Tab = ads. The settings are platform independent, i. they are adopted for all devices, such as desktop computers or mobile devices.
- To prevent the collection of your data by means of the Facebook pixel on our website, please click the following link: Facebook opt-out Note: If you click the link, an "opt-out" cookie will be saved on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, then you have to click the link again. Furthermore, the opt-out only applies within the browser you use and only within our webdomain on which the link was clicked.
- You can also use the Cookies for distance measurement and promotional purposes via the deactivation page of the Network Advertising Initiative (http://optout.networkadvertising.org/) and in addition the US website (http://www.aboutads.info/ choices) or the European website (http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices/).
The cookies of some of our advertising providers help make the on-line offering and our website more attractive to you. Therefore, cookies of our partner providers are also saved to your hard disk when you are visiting our website. These are temporary cookies and are automatically deleted after a specific timeframe. As a rule, cookies of our partner providers are deleted a few days or up to 24 months later, or in some cases after several years. Cookies of our partner providers do not collect personal data, either. They will collect exclusively pseudonymized data under a user ID. These pseudonymized data will not be associated with your personal data at any time.
Integration of services and contents of third parties
Based on our legitimate interests (ie interest in the analysis, optimization and economic operation of our online offer within the meaning of Art. 6 (1) lit. DSGVO), we make use of content or services offered by third-party providers in order to provide their content and services Services, such as Include videos or fonts (collectively referred to as "content"). This always presupposes that the third-party providers of this content perceive the IP address of the users, since they could not send the content to their browser without the IP address. The IP address is therefore required for the presentation of this content. We endeavor to use only content whose respective providers use the IP address solely for the delivery of the content. Third parties may also use so-called pixel tags (invisible graphics, also referred to as "web beacons") for statistical or marketing purposes. The "pixel tags" can be used to evaluate information such as visitor traffic on the pages of this website. The pseudonymous information may also be stored in cookies on the user's device and may include, but is not limited to, technical information about the browser and operating system, referring web sites, visit time, and other information regarding the use of our online offer. The following presentation provides an overview of third-party providers as well as their contents, as well as links to their data protection statements, which contain further information on the processing of data and, for already mentioned here, contradictory possibilities (so-called opt-out) contain:
- If our customers use the payment services of third parties (for example, PayPal or Sofortüberweisung), the terms and conditions and the privacy notices of the respective third party providers, which are retrievable within the respective websites, or transactional applications apply.
Every browser has a different policy for managing the cookie settings. The browser’s policy is described in the Help Menu of every browser and explains how you can change your cookie settings. To find out how to change the settings in your browser, see the links below: Internet Explorer™: https://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies Safari™: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH17191?viewlocale=en_US&locale=de_DE Chrome™: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&hlrm=en Firefox™ https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences Opera™ : https://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/en/cookies.html
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact one of our customer support representatives at info(at)gorillawatches.ch
Please also visit our TERMS AND CONDITIONS establishing the use, disclaimers and limitations of liability governing the use of our Site.
In compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our Site, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 18 years old or older.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personally identifiable information to outside parties without your consent. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our Site, conducting our business or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our Site policies or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write or email us as soon as possible, at info(at)gorillawatches.ch. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Our Site may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our Site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information, which you provide while visiting such websites and such websites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Your personal data will be collected if you voluntarily supply them to us when contacting us or during the registration for our services. We use your data solely to be able to offer you the information and services you request, which means that we will store and process only the data and information that are absolutely necessary to respond to your enquiry or execute an agreement. If you contact us but did not create a customer account with us, we will delete your data from our customer database, if you request us to.
We use the CRM-system „Caldera Forms“, a service from CalderaWP LLC, 2380 Gregory Dr., Tallahassee, Florida, 32303, USA. We have set up a data processing agreement with Caldera Forms, where Caldera Forms agrees the regard of personal data. (https://calderaforms.com/gdpr/).